Friday, February 12, 2010

I made a false statement and it went to court..I have a 2 yr old son..am I going to loose him?

I am bipolar and I was mad at my husband for being a complete jerk.My neighbor called the cops when she heard a loud tumble on my staircase and when the police officer showed up I told them that I was pregnant and that my husband had pushed me down the stairs and that i was pregnant.None of that was true so I had made a false statement. The false statement went to the superior court and I am supposed to testify that this stuff had happend to me tomorrow.I have a 2 year old son and my husband and I are currently seperated.Whats going to happen to me and am I going to loose my son?I made a false statement and it went to court..I have a 2 yr old son..am I going to loose him?
no, the two incidents are not related. Just like out right lying has nothing to do with bipolar.I made a false statement and it went to court..I have a 2 yr old son..am I going to loose him?
you could TRY to drop the charges, but if the state picked them up, you may have trouble doing that. if you weren't subpoenaed to be in court, you could try just not showing up, but they may just reschedule and THEN subpoena you for a later date.


Your best bet is to call the prosecuting attorney aside prior to getting into court so he/she won't be blindsided when you get on the stand...


depending upon the pros's case load, they may just say to heck with it and give you a lecture. if you've got one of those anal-pros's, then yeah, they could charge you with false statement, but that alone would not cause you to lose your child. besides, they would then have to PROVE you ';knowingly'; made a false statement while you were in your right mind....and that's IF the state atty's office wanted to spend the bucks to prosecute you.


Most likely, they'll just lecture you. most state atty's offices are overburdened with cases and don't bother doing anything. you'd be surprised to find out how often the pros finds out the vic lied b/c they were mad at the time of the incident and wanted some ';get back'; at the other party. so it's not like what you did is out of the norm--make sense?


just make sure you get to that atty BEFORE the trial begins. and that's IF you decide to go. b/c they can't prosecute the defendant without the witness/vic.
While you are gong ro loose your husband for sure, because you cant recant that kind of stuff. Courts got all tired of women having second thoughts about prosecuting husbands who DID beat them.





So your Husband IS GOING TO PRISON because you were upset.If you will screw up his life like that Why should the State allow you to raise another life ? Would you let YOU even babysit your kids?





I do not know if you are a believer or not but what do you think it means that you shall not bear false witness?





You know, I have been in jail a few times and guys sit around and talk about why they are there. I've heard the ';My wife said i hit her but i never did'; line and never bought it before.





You even tried to hide behind that bi-polar crap in your post. yes I think you are too sick to care for children.
That's really at the discretion of the judge. If he doesn't think you're mentally sound and fit to parent, then he might grant custody to your husband
You give a true abused woman a bad name since some cops will start to not believe a woman when she is truly abused.
you had better contact a lawyer..You know when you sign that statement you are under perjury,..Your best option would be to tell you judge you lied and why you lied.. And take the sentence you get.. If you go to jail ..your husband wont if he didnt do anything bad to you..So he will be able to watch the kid. Most likley if you fess up you will get a sentence of probation or somthing..BUT your BEST option is to just drop the charges.... I forgot that just untill know.. Just drop the charges

No comments:

Post a Comment