Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can you sue a state for false arrest if you win your case in court or if the police drop charges?

i was arrested for what was false statements and false police reports,,i have video proof that shows i didnt do anything wrong but the police arrested me anywaysCan you sue a state for false arrest if you win your case in court or if the police drop charges?
The same thing happened to me except I have no proof and I pleaded guilty so I could get out of jail the next day. now im scared about the background check for employement. I never thought an officer would lie like that but now I know good luck to you. I hope you get them locked upCan you sue a state for false arrest if you win your case in court or if the police drop charges?
Consult an attorney. Sometimes the police have to arrest you to get everything sorted-out; they kinda have no choice because they don't know who is telling the truth and they have to err on the side of caution. I'd be more interested in charging whoever made the false allegations with a crime than faulting the cops. Filing a false police report is a crime. Again, talking to a lawer is a good idea.
To win, you would need to prove that the police had no probable cause for arrest. To prove that, you would need to prove that the police knew the statements the complainant made were false.





You would probably have an easier time suing the persons that made the false statements to police.
No, only if you can prove they knew you were innocent when they arrested you.
If you were arrested based on probable cause then no. Just because you won your case does not mean the Officer did not have reason to arrest you.
  • div myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment