Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm in drug court, how do i fight a sanction for a false positive from eating poppy seed bagels?

I'm in drug court in Michigan. I have been sanctioned with a week in jail for producing a false positve urine test from eating bagels that contained poppy seeds. The judge said I had extremely high levels of codene and morphine in my system the day of the false positve. However the following morning I tested clean. The judge will most likely count this as a relapse and I will then have to repeat a whole phase all over again.





I know i did not relapse, my probation officer and my counseler both strongly believe that I did not use any drugs. I am in a bind because in drug court I have given up my rights to seek any counsel. Is there a way for me to legally fix this. I am seriously afraid to eat because I do not want to go back to jail.





I want to know if I can move back to Chicago. I feel that this whole drug court is ruining my life. It is keeping me from succeeding. I have a little over a yr left in college I'm getting a BS in IT/programming, I have 2 kids and a wife. The economy is terrible here in Michigan there are no jobs. I feel like drug court has made my life worse instead of making it better.





I have never missed a drug test, i was only late twice. I have made every AA meeting, and attended every counseling meeting. What should I do?I'm in drug court, how do i fight a sanction for a false positive from eating poppy seed bagels?
Why would you back up your answer with the excuse that you're an LPN? All LPNs do is wipe ***. You don't have to consume large amounts of poppy seeds to fail a drug test.Consult you're attorney and talk to your probation officer. You can also bring in an expert source to testify on your behalf, like a chemist, someone more familar with information about diagnostic procedures and laboratory work.I'm in drug court, how do i fight a sanction for a false positive from eating poppy seed bagels?
Yeah, Poppy Seeds are a myth. You might as well drop out of drug court, take the revocation and do the straight time.





In the long run you will be better off.





Honesty is the first step with any recovery (yes, you are an addict with multiple drug counts) but you are a far cry from recovery.





Just do the prison sentence. 3 squares and cot is still better than a junkie lifestyle.
You're full of crap. FYI that's the OLDEST excuse in the book and everyone knows that you have to eat a large amount of poopyseeds for it to cause a positive. That's why they aren't going to let you get out of it.....





And eating one or 2 the night before wouldn't cause that. I'm an LPN so you can't fool me.
Don't even try to use that excuse, just stop using opiates. Obviously this event decreased your quality of life, but that was something to consider before you used drugs illegally.
okay well according to research you would have to consume ungodly amounts of poppy seeds to fail a piss test. So in that case, your screwed, even if you are telling the truth. I would have to say you will not get out of it, hypothetically if i was a cop i would think you lied, and bought the receipt because you knew you would fail and needed an alibi.. i don't know what to say except get a good lawyer.
everyone knows you can't eat poppy seeds before a drug test but if you did there is an extra test to tell if it was from poppy seeds or not so they know already and if you tell this story in court your gonna be in a lot more trouble. if you think drug court is bad try to get a job with a drug conviction on your record you'll never be able to pass a security clearance or even a basic background check

No comments:

Post a Comment