Monday, February 8, 2010

Cop takes fake ID as a real one and now i have to go to court under a false date of birth!!?

Ok, so in canada lets say you get busted for a crime (lets say possession of 7g's of marijuana) and the cop found your fake ID and the ID was so good that the cop took it as real and gave me a court order under a false date of birth for the crime he just caught me for. He did not ask if the card was ';me';





Now i have to go to court under the presumed age of 20 when in fact im only 18 and i can prove this with other legitimate documentation.





The ID had my real name, address, everything....just my birthday was ';scratched';. As the cop did not know it was fake, he gave back my fake ID to me along with the court order for which he wrote down the false date of birth.





Im completely guilty of the crime but i dont want them to nail me for the fake ID even though thats not what i was arrested for nor did the cop notice it was fake.....the paperwork for my court order is the only place that states my false date of birth.





Since they did not confiscate my fake ID, are they able to prosecute me for it based on what the cop wrote down? Even if i can prove with other ID's that im not that age? What should i tell them to get out of this? Could i possibly get this passed off as a typo?Cop takes fake ID as a real one and now i have to go to court under a false date of birth!!?
Destroy the fake one. You shouldn't have had it to begin with....as I'm sure you are finding out. Take your other ID when you have to go to court. Let them know there was a mistake on your court order. Hopefully that will work for you. Good luck!Cop takes fake ID as a real one and now i have to go to court under a false date of birth!!?
Sgtbello, i did not hand the cop the ID, he searched me and assumed it was legit. In fact this was not even a real cop....more like by-law officers with guns who patrol public transit. Luckily these officers have no computers in there cars to verify identity.

Report Abuse



Well, you have 3 choices. #1. You can give them the fake ID with the wrong birthdate on it, which I'm sure you don't want to do. #2. You might have to tell them you lost it....AFTER you destroy it! #3. Go to the license bureau, tell them you lost your ID and they'll make you up a ';real'; one.

Report Abuse



I'd try the typo route. Don't even say anything about the age issue until someone brings it up, and then just say ';Oh, you have me down as 20? No, I'm 18. I wonder how that happened.';





Here's what I'm wondering. Why bother having a fake ID that only makes you 20?
Well that's what happens when people who can verify whether something is the truth or not verify that it isn't.





I get the feeling you don't have a clue about how the legal system works.






LOL, you want to get this passed off as a typo??





You must be pretty ignorant to think that the court's would fall for such BS as that. Own up to your responsibility, if you do the crime do the time!
They will never believe its a typo,do you hand this i.d. to the cop? How did he obtain this i.d.?
yes say the cop made a mistake and show the court the real Id.
just bring your real one. Keep your mouth shut about it, they will think it's just a typo
I agree with Mike.Just don't mention it until they do.When you fill out more paper work just put your real age and pretend like you didn't notice the typo.I don't know if this is good advice because they may not believe or care that you didn't notice.If it were me,honestly I would be too worried about getting into more trouble and admit to it lol.The judge may respect you more.
  • Ltd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment