Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can I get something to bring to court to show Ibuprofen can cause a false positive for thc?

I'm on probation, granted I did used to smoke pot before I got on probation but I haven't since being on probation. I happen to get surgery on a fri. and went in for a drug test on the next monday. When I went in for the surgey they doped me up on a lot of stuff and I have the note for that but they also gave me a RX for 800mg Ibuprofen (highest that can be given out) w/ directions to take 1 every 6 hours. so for 3 days leading up to my test I took the most Ibuprofen you can take and my drug test came back positive for benzifinze*sp (thats the stuff they gave me there) and THC. I was looking online and saw that enough Ibuprofen can come back as THC and honestly thats the only thing it could be. what can I bring to court to show that this false positive is possible?How can I get something to bring to court to show Ibuprofen can cause a false positive for thc?
Evidently you are correct (at least according to the cited web site below) that ibuprofen is one possible cause of a positive drug test for delta-9 cannibinol. Another possibility is if you used marijuana within 45 days prior to the drug test, it is at least possible that THC redistributing out of storage sites in fatty tissue in your body into the bloodstream may have been detected. That could make it look like you used marijuana, when you had not for several weeks.





Most drug tests are initially done first with a simple screening method such as immunoassay (similar to home pregnancy kits). If the screening test is positive, then a more specific test (such as gas chromatography-mass spectrometry) is used as a confirmatory test. By federal law, drug tests have to be set with minimum detectable levels, so that false positives are not reported. That minimizes people getting a positive opioid test for eating a poppy seed bagel or positive THC test for being in a confined space with a bunch of people smoking marijuana.





Although the cited web site has some points of contact where you can further information, you may want to consider consulting an attorney with expertise in drugs of abuse testing.





I hope things work out for you, you are not alone:


http://answers.google.com/answers/thread鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment