Monday, February 8, 2010

Can a false allegation stand in court?

Can a false allegation stand in court?


My husband started a hearing for visitation modification.?


We hired an attorney to switch his visitation w/ his children from every other weekend to summer times and school breaks. Well before the court hearing there was a mediation between them. For the first time his ex wife said that I sent his daughter a mean text and she thinks I am emotionally abusive and that she doesnt want me to speak to or see her children any more. I am NOT abusive and she is just slandering me. She asked that his children never visit us in our state but instead spend his only 2 weeks off a year visiting them w/ out me( and w/out my almost born child). My question is can someone accuse another person of emotional abuse and will the courts take an false allegation seriously? Will she be able to dictate when and where my husband sees his children and w/ whom? If this were posssible then bitter ex wifes would have a lot of power. Has anyone heard of a stepmom being legally kept from seeing her stepchildren?Can a false allegation stand in court?
anything is possible...How come this isnt between you and your ex? Stepmom should not be involved. I guess it depends on the age of kids too(where they want to visit or not) Was stepmom summons to court? something is missingCan a false allegation stand in court?
Good Lawyers ......





Good Luck ...





False is just that .. false.
Well, first of all, you as the step mom have no legal rights to step children at all, so let's start there.





Your husband, does have the legal right however, to see his children in his home and with the people he deems fit, unless the ex wife can prove you are abusive and has more than just her own accusation to back it up with, ie: statements from police, teachers, the kids, neighbors, it's going to be flimsy at best.





As the step-parent, I would stay out of it and let your husband handle it. I know it's hard to be accused of something you aren't guilty of.
  • Ltd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment